Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 19, 2008

    Friday Fun

    It's Friday again. Yay. Christmas break starts today, thanks to an early call from the school last night canceling classes due to the impending snow storm. I'm saying good call (literally!) on that one, since we woke up to about a foot of snow. Emma was bummed, since they were supposed to have their class Holiday party today, but I told her I would let her stay in her jammies all day and have a fun day at home instead. That seemed to work.

    So please forgive the tardiness of this post, I have been outside snow blowing my little heart out all morning. And without further ado, I give you this little beauty:



    I love it. I laugh every time I drive by it. It's a sign posted at the Catholic church where Maggie goes to dance class. Oh, and the church bells ring every hour. It's so beautiful to hear them, and to see the birds fly out of the belfry. With the snow, and the boughs and the Nativity, it seems so very "Home Alone"-esque, which by the way was filmed somewhere here in Chicagoland.

    So there you go. I hope to be able to get a few more posts in before Christmas, especially one last True Meaning Tuesday, but with the storms coming, and a 2 day drive ahead of us to the Promised Land, I can't make any guarantees. So if I don't see you before, have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

    Photobucket

    3 Response(s):

    Tami Allred said...

    Lucky you, getting the call the night before. Our school districts like to call between and 3 and 5am, not sure why?
    Love the sign and what a beautiful church.
    Have a safe trip. stay warm.

    Kalli Ko said...

    hahahaha, crazy catholics...

    Nikki said...

    That sign is priceless. I need one.

    Good luck with the two day drive. That should be fun with the kids and all. Drive Safe.

    See you at the wedding.