Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 31, 2008

    Whew. Almost.

    There is much more to this title than you will ever know. Surprisingly, I do keep a lot of my personal life to myself. But there are a few meanings that I can expound upon here.

    1. We made it to Utah in just under 25 hours. That's driving time, people. We encountered 100 slide offs in Des Moines, and just after passing through the city, realized they had closed the highway behind us. Good times. But we made it. I have a picture of what Diesel fuel does when it gets too cold. You'll see it soon.

    2. Christmas was good. The kids had a great time, got too many presents, and ate too much junk food. Just like Christmas should be. We were all dreading the holiday without mom around, and it turned out just fine. All the grandkids got teddy bears with outfits on that are made from Nunn's clothes. They are so adorable, and we all had a good cry. Then TroyBoy pulls out purple hand made bracelets for us girls, and they all have little sterling sliver ribbon charms on them. Another good cry ensued. You'll see pictures of those, too.

    3. Yesterday, the 30th, Sugar Daddy and I celebrated 11 years of wedded. Bliss, okay, wedded bliss. And Meg also go married yesterday. Yes, she went through with it. Nevermind the shackles and gags that were involved to get her to say "Yes" at the appropriate time. Kidding people, kidding. Fear not, there will be oodles of picture of that day to follow.

    4. We saw Body Worlds today. So cool. The science behind it is amazing, but to see how delicate life is reinforces to me that God is in everything. There is just no doubt after seeing that. Not that there ever was, but you know what I mean.

    5. Tonight is New Year's Eve. We are spending the evening with Troyboy and Kelli making home made pizza with artichokes and olives. Mmm Mmm good. Do you think I could get sued for using that as my motto? Oh well.

    6. Which means that this year is almost over. If someone had told me last year what 2008 would hold, I would have laughed. Now, I know there are no limits to what life can bring. So, in keeping with that frame of mind, my resolution for the year is to work on enhancing my food storage. Before you start sending me links to places to buy powdered water, and ways to preserve chicken hearts for 100 years, let me explain that I don't plan on doing that kind of food storage. I mean the kind that entails extra supplies of things I use deliberately, daily even. Not stuff I will shove in a corner of my basement and forget about until my 14th child needs a bedroom down there.


    So, I hope you are fully prepared for the onslaught of pictures that are to follow. Life has been good to me for the last two weeks, and as much as I hate to leave my family, I'm ready to get back to reality.
    Photobucket

    6 Response(s):

    Kate said...

    Happy New Year! I think that I'm ready for you to get back to reality too. I miss you! Yeah...and good luck with the food storage.

    hanner said...

    It was a fun little game counting the accidents on our drive too. Kind of.

    We also loved Body Worlds! I saw it in LA three years ago but I liked part 3 a lot more. Maybe now that I'm older and wiser I can appreciate that I am ruining my body...

    Kalli Ko said...

    yay you made it! yay meg got married! yay you survived the year!

    you and i share the same resolution about food storage. that and i want to drop the food storage hanging around my waist too. yikes.

    happy new years friendy

    Nikki said...

    I have missed your funny wit...I am glad you have found time to post again.

    Congratulations on surviving the holidays and wedding. Happy New Year!!

    Jill Johnson said...

    Yes, home is good! I missed my bed and am heading up there right now for a deep sleep. Love you!

    Sara said...

    Keli,
    I love the bears with your mom's clothes! I have a bag full of my mom's clothes and have been intending to make the grandkids blankets, but just haven't gotten around to it. I am so happy you have these to keep her close!