Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 08, 2008

    Mother's Day Week

    Things I've learned about being a mother from other mothers.

    Being a mother means more than just bearing children.
    Being a mother means not always being friends with your kids.
    But knowing when you need to be.
    Being a mother means watching your kids try, and fail.
    Being a mother means waiting for your kids to make the right decisions.
    Being a mother means just listening while your kids cry.
    Being a mother means not taking anyone's side.
    Being a mother means working through the pain.
    Being a mother means trying to do it all, but not feeling guilty when you don't.
    Being a mother means understanding that your kids could never possibly love you as much as you love them.


    Stay tuned for a special post tomorrow.

    5 Response(s):

    Nunn said...

    How did you get to be so smart!! You surely didn't learn it all from me. You are really incredible, did you know that? I love you.

    Laura said...

    Deep thoughts.

    Last night when I was getting a new pedicure two dads came in to get their wives GC's to be pampered. I thought that was so cool.

    Keli said...

    Mom, I get me smarts from you.

    Laura, I totally put a spa day on order with Sean for Mother's Day. He better come through.

    Kelli said...

    For me, being a mother means staying up all night with a 4 year old. Thanks Keli, for reminding me of the important things.

    grannybabs said...

    So, I should be stuffing wedding invites, but I'm browsing the blogs.

    Your's looks great!!

    I love being a mother too - and a grandmother is a great job too!

    (A little something to look forward too - it's almost better than motherhood because I have yet to see my grandkids critique me the way my kids are wont to do!!)