Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 18, 2009

    Not The Roofing Kind

    People. Can I have your attention please?

    Now, we all know that I have been going through an extremely, uh, bumpy patch the last few weeks, right? Right. Okay. Well, it has lightened enough that I can now function semi-normally. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the meds, and everything to do with the fact that my MIL has sworn on her life that she will indeed call me every.single.night until I am better. It's working. Don't take that like I don't like her calling or that I don't like her in general. I love my MIL. I love love love her to death. I think sometimes I married SugarDaddy just so she could be my MIL.

    Well, after our trip to the Dells, I started feeling kinda funny. Not "Ha ha" funny like normal, that is still wwwaaaayyy off down the recovery road, but funny like my skin kinda itched and tickled, but I couldn't put my finger on it exactly.

    Sunday night, enter the rash of doom. Covered. Head to toe. Itched like a mad hoss too. But then it went away, and all was better in Keliland.

    Monday arrives, and arms, owie. Upper arm, left side, major owie. And bumps. And pus. And eeewww! I start popping Benadryl like candy, but no relief. It was then I knew what it was.

    So I head to the doc, and then to the pharmacy, wherein they fill my brand new RX for Valtrex.
    Go on, click the link. Before I go on, and to make this post that much funnier, click the dang link.

    Clicked? Okay.

    Turns out there's a new herpes in town. Valtrex treats my kind of herpes as well as the genital kind, so don't go getting no idears or anything.

    Shingles. Good for roofing, bad for people.




    Photobucket

    13 Response(s):

    Kylie said...

    KELI! THAT IS HORRIBLE! I'm soooo sorry. I really hope you feel better soon!!! Hugs your way!

    Shylo said...

    So you told me about your shingles yesterday but when I read the title of your blog I was thinking what is she talking about...what a dork, I am that dingy blonde that gets the joke 5 minutes too late! Hope you are all better soon :)

    Jill Johnson said...

    You are like the 10th person I have heard of getting shingles lately. that is crazy!! You Herpes slut!! Is it contagious?

    Nikki said...

    Oh man that is terrible rotten. Is is really painful? I hear they can be.

    Kirsten said...

    that stinks! Hope you get the feeling better. And it's true, we did luck out in the MIL department, she's the best!

    grannybabs said...

    I used to think shingles was a made up disease - since I'd never heard of it.

    Hope you are mending!!

    Phoebe said...

    Sorry about the shingles!

    I agree-you do have a great MIL.

    ClistyB said...

    Oh My Goodness!!
    Did Kelli tell you that there have been like 4 people in our ward that have had it in the last 6 months?
    I am so sorry. I had it when I was a wee lass in junior high. And I know as an adult it can be SO very uncomfortable.
    For a sec there I thought you were going to say you started popping the pus!! But then you said Benadryl.

    ClistyB said...

    Oh My Goodness!!
    Did Kelli tell you that there have been like 4 people in our ward that have had it in the last 6 months?
    I am so sorry. I had it when I was a wee lass in junior high. And I know as an adult it can be SO very uncomfortable.
    For a sec there I thought you were going to say you started popping the pus!! But then you said Benadryl.

    Kathie said...

    Keli, Keli, Keli!

    Move back to Utah, your life was so much better here!

    Larissa said...

    My sister had "the shingles". As she jokingly called it. It was miserable for her. She said she was so embarrassed to pick up the script for valtrex.

    I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon in all areas of life!

    Sending hugs your way!

    Darci Buhl said...

    I had no idea that people still got shingles. I thought it was one of those extinct diseases, like polio....Wait...people dont get polio anymore, do they?
    Get better! That sucks:)

    Kelli said...

    That sucks! I hear it is so painful. Are you doing better?