Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 05, 2008

    Friday Fun

    Okay, I feel like I need to indulge my grief a little here. It's almost like I can ignore it for a few days, but then it ambushes me, and I get completely overwhelmed. So in the interest of my mental health, I've decided to turn Friday Fun into a version of memory and laughter.

    I will be highlighting Nikki and her Noorda Notables. I have no idea where she keeps these memories, because most of them had been long forgotten and stuffed away in the basement of my brain. So thank you, Nikki, for giving me a day of posting without much thought, but still conjuring up wonderful memories of my family. You're saving my sanity, and possibly my marriage! *don't read too much into that, you know who you are. there is no divorce action going on, so spare the rumor mill already.

    Get on with it!

    Way back when...about 24 yrs ago we had a combined YMYW activity where we were all given tickets to spend at booths in a carnival atmosphere. Away we all went spending our tickets on games etc. There were booths relating to scriptures and other gospel related things, pfft, who wanted to visit those. :) Well after a time the lights flashed and thunder sounded and the stage curtains opened up and there sat three men in white, Judgment Day! We were judged by our number of tickets, then divided into degrees of Glory. If you were sent to outer darkness you encountered Danny. It was....a dark classroom with no windows (the one that used to be by the bathroom), Electric Heaters and Flyswatters. Yes dark, heat and if you talked you were hit with a flyswatter. What should have been He** was actually so much fun, how can you not have fun being swatted with a flyswatter by Danny! :) Those of you who dont remember this probably made better use of your tickets than I! :)

    11 Response(s):

    Larissa said...

    Hey, where was I for that activity? 24 years ago I would have been 13...oh, that's why...we didn't get split into your ward till I was 17! Dang, I don't have any cool memories of judgment day. I am sure I would have gone to He** as well. I assume I am going there for reals!!!

    Kalli Ko said...

    I think you have to indulge it every now and again... perfectly normal!!

    Kate said...

    WHAT??? your getting divorced? ;)

    Kate said...

    WHAT??? your getting divorced? ;)

    Jill Johnson said...

    Your marriage too huh? Man this sucks.

    Nikki said...

    I feel a little teensy bit of pressure. What if I run out of Notworthy noteables? Da da da dum!! I will have to spend some serious thought time and write them down. They come to me at the strangest moments.

    But Keli anything I can do to facilitate your Friday Fun is fair payment for sharing your family with me for so many years.

    Now look what you've made me do...shed a little tear. Ah what the heck tears are good for you. :)

    Kelli said...

    That's funny! I can totally see him doing that especially because he always has extra electric heaters kicking around. At the shop, in the motorhome, down stairs etc. I bet that room was smokin' hot!

    Nikki said...

    Spelling error, I meant noteworthy.

    Keli said...

    Nikki, I will just copy and paste the ones you have used so many times on our blogs. If you feel an urgent need to post a new one, just email me and let me know. Otherwise, no pressure.

    Petersons said...

    That's funny! I remember this activity. Yep, we wanted to be "bad" guess it didn't work out exactly as planned :)

    grannybabs said...

    I remember doing this activity with our youth a number of years ago.

    I don't remember which items were the most popular - I remember that it was all a lot of work for the adults!!

    But apparently it was worth it since it seems to be memorable!