Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 29, 2008

    Because I'm a naughty woman

    I guess I need a time out. And not a moment too soon. The last few nights, after eating dinner and practically begging my children to eat what's on their plates, I've made a clicking sound with my mouth, and said, "That is the sound of me punching my time card. I'm done for the day." And with that I left Sugar Daddy to clean up the dishes, and what not.

    I've succumbed to a strange sense of domestication in the last few weeks. A new sewing machine, home cooked dinners almost every night, and a peculiar sense of accomplishment for the little things such as sweeping, or loading the dishwasher. This is all very new and exciting to me. Maybe I'm growing up, maybe I'm fooling myself. Whatever. All I know is that I'm looking forward to this weekend for 2 reasons.

    1. I get a night away from my kids and snoring husband.
    2. I get to spend 2 days with women that have made me their friend, without even knowing me, and listening to wonderful speakers tell us we are doing a good job.

    And right now, that's all I need. A sense of domestic bliss, coupled with a pat on the back. That makes for a very sweet revival.

    6 Response(s):

    traci said...

    I love Time Out For Women. It always seems to come when I need it. Although mine haven't come with a night away. Enjoy!!

    Jill Johnson said...

    Our Time Out was cancelled because it was supposed to be the same day as Pres. Hinckley's funeral. Lani's sister Tanya is going to be there. I'm sure you will run into her because ther will only be a few women huh? Have so much fun. I am so proud of you.

    Jill Johnson said...

    Oh and one more thing, keep the body functions to the bathroom. No farting while sleeping. Ha Ha

    bonny with a Y said...

    hey - i think michael's going to be there - tell him hi and that you're my cousin - he'll love it!

    Keli said...

    Jill- I tried to keep it in the bathroom, but I gotta be me. What can I say?

    Bonnie- I tried to get up and see Brother McLean, but there were too many women hoarding around him with camera's and CD's. I knew he would know you. You know all the famous people.

    Karmen said...

    Hi! Is this THE Keli and Sean Clayton that I think it is?! This is Karmen Pope (Karmen Campbell) and my sister pointed me to the Clayton's blog page and I snuck onto yours! You are hilarious! I love reading all your adventures with your family! Tell Sean I said hi and come and say hi on my blog! http://burleypopes.blogspot.com/