Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 15, 2008

    Moooving Day

    Okay, okay, I know it's been too long.

    Yes, the movers have come and gone. And yes, I'm posting from Illinois, which is now home. Although I'm not quite home as of yet. I'm at Michelle's house in Peoria, and I'm a mere 4 hours from my new town. I had a vision of what our cross-country trip would be like. It included several new downloads from iTunes, and sleepy children lovingly gazing out across the plains as we whizzed by. Insert laugh here. Our iPods are inexplicably missing, and they better be packed and not stolen.

    We left Utah on Sunday morning in a blizzard of previously unmentioned snow. 30 MPH until Evanston, WHYoming made for a long morning, especially when coupled with tear-stung eyes. Finally the snow stopped, and thy WHYoming sky shone a brilliant blue. Our initial plans of staying in Cheyenne flew by like our truck in the night as we realized we needed to cut a day off our trip, so we pressed on into NebrASSka.

    Monday morn we woke up and played in the local hotel water park. We had the entire 2 slides to ourselves most of the morning. After showers and vomit, we headed to Peoria. Through Winter Quarters and on into Council Bluffs, I-OH-wa. I'm sure these places hold deep history of the pioneers, I'm just not sure exactly what. Maybe Barb can expound. We arrived in Peoria late last night, and after yummy dinner with Michelle, Ken, and Tressa (aka Grandma Hashbarger reincarnated), we headed off to find a local Hotel to rest our travel weary head. Not as easy as I thought. Finally, after midnight, we rolled into Comfort Suites. Thank goodness for suites. Sweet.

    Today we enjoyed butter and egg yolk waffles and home made syrup. Michelle has the cutest little house, and it's not haunted like our turn of the century house was. So now we head up to our new home town. Hopefully we can get there in one piece and not have any poops or vomits or fuel issues on the way. I hope to post some pics of the new diggs in a couple of days, so keep in touch!

    Kisses!

    8 Response(s):

    Meg & Josh said...

    Vomiting? Who's vomiting?

    Miss you already. Can't wait to see the place.

    grannybabs said...

    You are making history!! (I trust you are recording nightly in your journal!!)

    Seriously, I wish I'd made some kind of record of my feelings when we moved back to CA. I just remember being angry and resentful and I probably didn't feel that way all the time - but I don't remember - I only remember the bad stuff! And of course, it is now very apparent that the move was absolutely the right thing to do.

    But I feel your pain - moving - and long car rides with children are not the best times in life!!

    Let us know if you find your iPods!!

    amy k said...

    Keli,

    I can't believe your gone!

    Although I'm glad you have made it there safely.

    Enjoy the house (and unpacking )

    Jill Johnson said...

    Did you stop at Winter Quarters? I bet that is neat. I can't wait to see your pics!! Love you!

    bonny with a Y said...

    keli - you are awesome - and you will find your ipods - and you will get settled and make good friends.

    and i feel your pain on the carseat/vomit issue.

    Laura said...

    Wow I am totally exhausted just reading that!!! Sounds like it was fun though, minus the vomit parts. Cant wait to see your new home sweet home pics!

    Laura said...

    So I know you got your internet on Tuesday and I am dying for your update...I keep checking...I wonder if I can set something up to be automatically notified when you update. lol.

    Kalli Ko said...

    Keli are you alive? I heard Chi-town is in a deep freeze.

    Hope you're living and well!

    miss you