Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 31, 2007

    A week gone by

    Well, a week has passed very quickly with our new addition. She is a wonderful little baby. She sleeps a lot, even during the night, and barely cries when she needs something. I'm sure that will change as she gets bigger, but for now I'm enjoying the serenity of a newborn again. Why can't they stay little forever? I'll post more pics when they get uploaded from Sean's camera.

    5 Response(s):

    Min said...

    Can't wait to see more pics! how are ya feeling Kel? Take it easy and enjoy every minute.

    Kirsten said...

    We're excited for more pictures. I just wish I could hold the real deal. Take care.
    kirsten

    Keli said...

    Hey gals! I'm doing great. I was home 2 days after she was born, and I've felt awesome ever since. Of course, Sean is doing everything around here, including surprising me with a darling new nursery. He painted and everything in the 2 days I was gone. It's so cute, I'll take pics and put them up.

    Gretta is doing great, too. At her 5 day check up she was 5 lbs 15 oz, up one oz from when we left the hospital. I'm sure she's bigger now, but she's still so tiny, it's crazy. She's sleeping good, 3 or 4 hours at a time during the night. I can live with that. I've been nursing her and then topping her off with a bottle, and she seems to like that. She'd nurse all day if I'd let her. Although I'm thinking of just going all bottle since during the night I feed her 20 minutes on each side and then bottle feed her. It takes an hour, which seems like an eternity at 3 AM. We'll see what happens.

    Other than that, all is well. the other kids are great. Maggie is having some independence issues, but I'm sure they'll pass soon enough. Emma is a good little momma. She loves to hold Gretta, and I'm pretty sure she thinks she's her baby. It's cute. Sean's doing well. He gets Emma off to school for me everyday, and does laundry and dishes and cooks dinner. He's been awesome the last few weeks. I think having a baby makes you love your spouse all over again. I know it did for me. Take care, talk to you soon!

    grannybabs said...

    I too have been out of the family loop - so you have my delayed congratulations - from the mom of 4 daughters, I will tell you that your "Little Women" are priceless!

    Alice said...

    Gretta is so cute. I love little girls. I love little boys as well but there is something about little girls that is so special. Husbands are great. Dale was a big help when we were having children. It was such a blessing that I could stay home with all of them. Cherish the time. It passes all too quickly.