Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 18, 2009

    Change of Plans

    Well, unfortunately the camp out was canceled on Friday night due to extremely bad weather. Like as in Tornado-bad weather. That is one thing I will never get used to out here, is watching the skies during a storm and praying we don't hear the tornado sirens.

    It was supposed to be the father's and sons camp out on Friday night, and then the girls and I were going to meet up with Sugar Daddy and some friends for Saturday night. Since it was canceled Friday night, and I had a lot to do on Saturday, we just canceled the whole weekend altogether.



    Part of it has to do with poor little G. Saturday morning she starting throwing up again. This is how she spent most of the afternoon on Saturday. I had a baptism to attend, and when I returned home she was still pretty sick. I was worried about dehydration, but by that evening she was drinking a little bit at a time, and not throwing it up, so I could tell she was on the mend.

    Yesterday she stayed home with Daddy while I took the girls to church. It was so nice to be able to sit through Sacrament meeting without a kid climbing all over me! Those of you that know me at all might be surprised that I went to church even though I had a perfect excuse to stay home. I was surprised as well! I had just been feeling a sense of importance that I attend church yesterday. So I went, and first thing in Sacrament they change our first and second counselors in the bishopric, our Elders Quorum President, and the Ward clerk. Our good friends are now the holders of responsible positions! Obviously it hasn't rubbed off.

    So I thought that was why I had been impressed to go to church. I went through the rest of the meeting just half paying attention. But during Sunday School, our lesson was on Temples. I was reminded of how important the temple is in our lives. Maybe that was why I needed to go that day!

    Then in Relief Society we learned about Spiritual Gifts. Oh boy. This was definitely why I needed to go yesterday! It was really just what I needed to hear. I have been so angry about why other people can be healed and saved by their faith, when my mom and her obedient spirit were not. I have never had doubts about this before, because I have been on the positive end of healing so many times. But to see that the Lord has a plan for us, and despite our faith, if it is our time to go and work on the other side, it will be done. Knowing she serves a higher purpose on the other side of the veil brings me some comfort, but I'm sure this isn't the only time I will feel betrayed. Definitely something I'll be working through for a while.

    I guess there is more than one way to deal with a change of plans.

    Photobucket

    3 Response(s):

    Kathie said...

    There is nothing worse than a sick baby on a camping trip! Sorry you had to change plans. Sounds like you had a good Sunday though.

    grannybabs said...

    It is tough when things don't work out as we want them too.

    I'm working through that one on pretty much a daily basis!

    Kelli said...

    Isn't it crazy how things happen at church and you know they are just for you. Sometimes I feel like looking around to make sure nobody's playing a joke on me. You obviously needed to go!