Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 22, 2009

    Re-Turned

    I'm back. I know, you're thrilled beyond belief. The Motherland was great, and warm, and not Chicago, so I was a happy camper. Add to that that all the sibs were together, and there was no stopping the fun. So for your pleasure I give you bullets.

    • Driving myself to the airport at 5AM. I'm such a big girl.
    • The bumpiest flight I've ever been on. But "Yes Man" was on, and it distracted me nicely.
    • My bag was the first off the carousel. That never happens.
    • Visiting with MIL. I love her. She's the bestest ever.
    • Driving to Vegas with Dad and Noma and Madison. I don't think we had one lull in conversation.
    • Seeing Gracie. I love that kid. Oh, and the other kids are good, too. And Jill. And Aaron.
    • Sleeping in the bunkbed. Awesome.
    • Mandalay Bay crab leg buffet. I love crab. Straight up, no butter. Just simple, honest, crack, pull and eat. Mmmm.
    • The Las Vegas Temple. It's beautiful inside. And Pink. And Brother Whistle-when-he-speaks as a sealer.
    • In N Out. Need I say more?
    • Nutella shakes. That Troy, he's so creative.
    • Driving home with crazy driver Josh and Meg. Crashing his family's party.
    • Visiting with Julie and Chad and Chase, et al. Good people, they are.
    • Getting my band filled. It's been a while, and boy, liquids for a whole day is tough enough, but especially when you have a 4 hour flight. Liquids in, liquids out, you know.
    • Booking it through Detroit Metro trying to make my connection.
    • A relaxing 40 minute flight back to Chicago from Detroit.
    • Driving home in a semi-coma, and falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
    And now it's back to the grind. Screaming kids, speech, school, music, talent show, blah blah blah.

    Photobucket

    6 Response(s):

    ClistyB said...

    needed a refill on the Nutella hump, huh?

    Nikki said...

    Your such a big girl. I don't think I could fly by myself...I am not a good flyer. Even though I've become a world traveler, the flying never gets easier.

    It sounds like you had a blast with the family. I'm glad. You deserve it!!

    * said...

    hey, I'm from Vegas! (and currently living here after 10 yrs away...)

    And yes, the LV temple is definitely beautiful inside...and pink. (I was there about 2 weeks ago w/the YW/YM from our ward doing baptisms...did you have a chance to check out the atrium/courtyard and the tile in the lobby area! Lovely...

    grannybabs said...

    Welcome home - we missed you.

    Kelley Rae said...

    Glad to have you back, and glad you had such a great time.

    Kelli said...

    We're not glad your back...we wish you were still here! Sorry I didn't get to see you on Monday. We miss you already but we will see you in a couple months!