Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 15, 2009

    Go Girl

    I have to admit something. I have a crush. On a girl. Okay, it's a crush on several girls, but either way, writing it out loud makes me feel a lot better. Seriously though, These women are intriguing to me. I'm sure they get that a lot since they're famous, but they are out there in the public eye, so it's an occupational hazard.

    Now don't go sending me the latest lesson on same gender attraction, I've read it, and this isn't that kind of crush, so mellow out.




    First up we have Ellen. Let's face it, this is one funny freaking lady. I have always loved her sense of humor, even back in her mullet days, but now that she's gone mainstream with her show, I think more people are apt to appreciate sarcasm, which bodes well for me. But really, she has her opinions, lives her life, and still manages to wrangle top conservative show hosts to come and chit chat with her. That ability to span the gamut of political and personal views so graciously makes me love her that much more.




    Next up is Catherine Keener. How adorable is she? I admit, I don't know much about her personal life, but as an actress, and a babe, I love her. She was in 40 Year Old Virgin, one of Sugar Daddy's fave films, and she was in Sideways and Friends With Money, two of mine. She has a cute almost alternative style about her, but she manages to keep it mainstream enough to skim past the worst dressed lists. She has a great smile, and how can you not covet her hair just a smidge?





    And here comes one from left field. P!nk. I know, I know, she such a biddy, and she has a mouth on her, and she dresses all slutty and what not, but I'm telling you, I like her. Her music is totally not my style at all, but I still like her. I like that she proposed to her husband, even though they're now divorced. I like that she rides a motorcycle. I like that every time I see her, her hair is a different color. But she has a ripped body, and it works nicely with her arrogant attitude. I'm quite sure if we were neighbors, she would scare the crap out of me, and I would totally talk crap about her behind her back. But here in internetland, I like her.

    So that's it. My girl crushes. Lovely ladies that I admire for one reason or another. Perhaps one day I'll do a Boy Crush post. Although that would be much less exciting, I'm sure.




    Photobucket

    10 Response(s):

    Jill Johnson said...

    I remember when Ellen did those commercials where she matched the dogs to the apperance of the owner. do you remember that? She was a nobody but so funny. Maybe you could hook up with Nic, she broke up with Steve for good and now decided to become Lesbian. Just to confuse the family!

    * said...

    ahhh, I love love love your post, girl. I feel like we're kindred spirits already and I've only read one of your blog posts so far. I'm bookmarking/subbing to your blog already!

    PS: found you on MM blogs and I'm uber glad I did. you're swell.

    PPS: Is there a skirt/dress or something out there I can buy in your blog background print? it's so yummy I could practically eat it!!

    Nikki said...

    Again you manage to make me laugh. Wouldn't seem quite normal if I didn't laugh reading your blog at least 3 times a week.

    Thanks for that. :) I needed one.
    A laugh that is..

    Darci Buhl said...

    Be Jealous...a few months ago I got to see the Ellen show when it came to Vegas, and Pink was the guest star. Thats 2 out of 3 on your list. Lucky me:)

    Kelli said...

    I love Ellen, I just never get to watch her show but when I do she makes me laugh.

    Larissa said...

    You are funny! I love that Ellen dances on her show every episode and that the audience does it too. I don't have a special place for Catherine Keener, but I love that Pink wrote a mad song about her ex! I think it's funny that in real life she would scare the crap out of you and you would talk about her behind her back. I think I would be too scared of her to talk about her behind her back.

    Allison Claire said...

    I love your girl crushes! I think all girls have girl crushes (but not necessarily like that). I love Gwen Stefani, Gwyneth Paltrow and Charlize Theron. Seriously, I want to BE them.

    Unknown said...

    OOOHHH, i HAVE girl crushes on them too.

    Anonymous said...

    Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
    to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the decrease issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=checksystem pro 5.0 ?
    I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

    Anonymous said...

    Hey,

    I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here followalong.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research presents that about 70% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

    About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.