Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 01, 2007

    Home is the most important place in the world

    I made it back from the land of the rain and coffee. Seattle is a very cool town! I love how it's very outdoors minded, and they recycle everything. Apparently even people, as homeless people are everywhere. We visited the Space Needle. There is seriously a Starbucks at the top. It's quite a ride up, about 41 seconds, and worth every one at that!


    We did the Underground tour. Which is very cool, especially if you come from a construction family. Yes, the eye beams are old, but since they are founded into 36" of concrete, they are stable. And yes, the keystone arch is the strongest form in construction. It will hold for centuries, apparently. Plus we got to see a guy in a kilt. Cool.


    This is the lock going from Puget Sound into Lake Washington, which then joins Lake Union. If you look closely you can see the water level we're at, and then behind the lock you can see the level of the lake. The water is let in to the lock via gravity and pipes, and in about 10 minutes, we rose nearly 8 feet. At low tides it can raise a vessel as high as 26 feet.


    And this is one of my favorite moments. This is one of the many, many homeless people that come out at night. You can't read his sign, but I was trying to take a picture without him chasing me and asking for money. The sign reads "My father was killed by street ninjas, I need money for karate lessons". I would think teeth or a shower would come first, but that's just me.


    And me on our ghetto shuttle to the airport. It actually wasn't that bad. Just a big bus. It rained so hard on Sunday, I was thankful it was our last day. The other days were just right. A little chilly, unless you're Meg, then you freeze, but I didn't think it was bad at all.

    Other fun things:

    Jill saying "HUH?"
    Finding a great store in the mall with blouses for $34!
    Giggles getting tickled on the face by a fish butt.
    Kelli taking one right in the face!
    Me texting Sean about the homeless guy with a sign, and walking into a sign!
    A Pikes Market Labradoodle/Wooley Mammoth.
    A wiener dog with a cowboy hat on.
    Crepes and Limonata!
    Mom noticing the plethora of homosexuals. Good eye mom, good eye!

    * And how could I have forgotten the funniest, craziest, hilariousest thing ever! Mom hitting innocent little defenseless Gracie in the face with the check from Ruth's Chris in an attempt to foil our plans for paying for her dinner. We got it, thanks to Gracie's sacrifice. Boo-Ya!

    Fun weekend, and we need to do it again. Next time, Chicago!

    8 Response(s):

    Kalli Ko said...

    Seattle is one of those places I've always wanted to go, but haven't made it there yet...

    looks like a grand old time

    jealous

    Laura said...

    So glad you had such a fun time in Seattle...such a neat place. I'm glad youre back too! Havent seen you in FOREVER!!!

    Michelle said...

    I am glad to hear that you had a great time in Seattle. Good luck looking for homes in the Wisconsin area.

    bonny with a Y said...

    i love seattle - although it's been awhile since i've visited it.

    and i'm excited about you impending move - i think it will be a great experience for you and your family.


    have fun!

    Eliza said...

    I looooove Seattle! I laughed at your airport shuttle; every time I was in Seattle, I stayed in the U-District and took a city bus in between Sea-Tac and UW. It took a while and I met some interesting and scary characters, but at $1.25, how could I resist?

    It is such a beautiful city. Particularly in the summer when it's not too rainy! It is so green! hence "the Emerald City." But even in the rain, it's still great. And I have to agree about homeless people, they are everywhere downtown.

    I'm excited to hear about your moving-to-Wisconsin adventures.

    Jill Johnson said...

    We had a great time didn't we? It is so fun to have such fun sisters and a fun Mom to enjoy stuff with. It dosen't surprise me that you made the funny jokes and I just jot it down. Love ya!!

    Meg & Josh said...

    Nice details. I have hearded all my readers to your blog to get those details. i just like the small words and big pictures....

    Jill Johnson said...

    I forgot about Gracie's sacrifice too, until I read Megs blog. That was so funny!!!