Custom Search

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 06, 2005

    Oh, the weather outside is frightful

    But inside it's quite delightful. I can't believe Christmas is here. Well, not technically, but you know what I mean. We had our ward Christmas breakfast on Saturday, and of course the big guy was there. Notice the pic of Maggie. She burst into screaming fits about 1 nano second after that picture was taken. Although she was pretty excited that he gave her "nandy". And Emma was a little disappointed that it wasn't the real Santa, but she knows how busy he is this time of year, and that he need helper Santa's to go to all the parties. I don't know how long they go on believing, but I hope forever. It's the funnest thing a parent can do is play Santa. I get butterflies just like when I was a kid, only now it's better. Santa is the best.

    We have so many fun things planned for the season, and it's almost over! Tonight we're riding the Polar Express to the North Pole, Saturday is my Mom's side family party, next Saturday is the girls brunch at Mimi's Cafe, and then the 22 is Emma's school sing along. Whew! I'm sure there's more, but I don't want to bring up my iCal at the moment, so I can't remember off the top of my head. All I know is the seasons get busier and shorter each year. But at least they're fun.














    Here's the family tree. We've had this tree for 6 years now, and the lights are going out. It's a pre-lit tree, but I'm thinking next year it might not be. I think next year this one is going in the basement, and we'll get a 20' one for the living room. I love those tall trees. Although I'm not quite sure how to decorate them. Hmmm?

    1 Response(s):

    Betsy said...

    I got and 11' tree this year. So I laid it down to put the star on and the lights. Then we uprighted it and finished with the lights and ornaments. Other handy things: a tall ladder, a tall husband with long arms to reach while standing on the ladder. (I kept feeling like I was leaning to far over and was going to fall on the tree. Tall trees are lots of fun.